RMHS Student Council~The Voice of Our Student Body~
The RMHS student council is proudly associated with the National Association of Student Councils (NASC)
2017-2018 RMHS Student Council Leaders and Representatives:☆[President]- Susan Kim☆[Vice-President]- Rodney Ocean☆[Secretary]- Justin Kim☆[Treasurer]- Kareem Nasser☆[Boe Liaison/Webmaster]- Anthony Guerra☆[Faculty Advisor]- Mrs. Darla FerdinandStudent Council meetings will be held once a month from 7 A.M. to 7:45 A.M. in room 232*STUDENT COUNCIL DELEGATES AND OFFICERS ARE ONLY PERMITTED >>TWO<< ABSENCES*9/8 Friday10/2 Monday11/1 Wednesday12/4 Monday1/8 Monday2/5 Monday3/1 Thursday4/11 Wednesday5/1 Tuesday6/4 Monday
The RMHS Student Council seeks to provide a valuable leadership partnership between our students and our school and to create the opportunity to become effective leaders, thus encouraging and influencing a positive school climate.
Purpose, Beliefs and Vision of RMHS Student Council:
- To promote and provide leadership development opportunities.
- To prepare and empower student leaders to serve their school and community.
- Empowered students are vehicles for positive change in their school and community.
- Student leaders have the responsibility to be positive role models.
- Student council plays a vital role in preserving knowledge of and practice in the democratic process.
- Leadership training programs are essential to allow developing leaders to achieve their full potential.
- Involvement in state and national programs enhance the school's leadership development program.
- Student council programs are stronger when all students are encouraged to participate.
Back to school night will be on Tuesday, September 12th.
The school pep rally will be taking place on Friday, September 15th.
The RMHS will be having a weeklong fundraising event to help the victims of this devastating hurricane in Texas (Monday September 18th - Friday September 22nd.)
Please wear gold and donate $3 to help research for pediatric cancer on Tuesday, September 19th.
Red Ribbon week is dedicated to providing anti-violence and anti-drug awareness.
Monday, 10-23- Drugs neer sleep (wear pijamas)
Tuesday, 10-24- Be super on your own (wear action figures attire)
Wednesday 10-25- Peace out, drugs (tie dye day-go)
Thursday10-26- Lei off drugs (Hawaii attire or leis)
Friday, 10-27- Team up against drugs (sports jersey/Royals attire)