Clases de Español V/V H ~ Cuarto # 232 ~ Señora Ferdinand
World Languages Mission -The study of another language and culture prepares learners to function fully and effectively as citizens and workers in the 21st century by being able to communicate in appropriate ways with people from diverse cultures.
NJ CCCS 7.1 Communication – All students will be able to communicate in at least one world language in addition to English to engage in meaningful conversation, to understand and interpret spoken and written Spanish, and to present information, concepts and ideas, while also gaining an understanding of the perspectives of other cultures. Through Spanish language study, they will make connections with other content areas, compare the language and cultures studies with their own, and participate in home and global communities. We will be utilizing the 3 modes of communication for second language acquisition: Interpretive; Interpersonal, and Presentational to achieve this goal.
Google Classroom codes:
period 6 smumy8
period 7 atdji7d
We will be covering the following thematic units in Spanish 5/5H
Marking Period #1
Mi Futuro Profesional
Marking Period #2
El Agua Es La Vida
Marking Period #3
Es Un Mundo Pequeno, La inmigración
Marking Period #4
Back to the future
I have 2 very important rules.
- Respect me, your fellow classmates, yourself our school and our community at all times.
- Never behave in a way that prevents me from being able to teach the rest of the class.
Follow these rules, and we will have a fabulous learning experience together!
YOUR GRADES ARE BASED ON:
Interpretive Listening 15%
Interpretive Reading 15%
Interpersonal Speaking 15%
Interpersonal Writing 15%
Presentational Writing 15%
Presentational Speaking 15%
Participation and Effort 10%
- Be prepared for daily assessments.
- There will be one main project Quarterly Benchmark Assessment per marking period, comprised of tasks in all 3 modes of communication; Interpretive, Interpersonal, Presentational.
* Participation includes: work ethic, cooperation, respect, conduct, attendance, being attentive, punctuality, being prepared, working to your potential and speaking ONLY Spanish in class.
- You MUST bring a pen or pencil, notebook and be ready to speak in Spanish! There can be a pop notebook check at any time!
- If you miss class for ANY reason, YOU are 100% responsible for finding out what you missed and for having that work completed on time. I will not remind you. If you miss class, then YES, you have missed work and at least 1 assessment grade.
- You should come to see me immediately upon return to school, email me, call guidance, call me at RMHS or ask a reliable classmate.
- You could lose up to 10-15 points per day for any work/test/quiz/homework that is late due to unexcused absences.
- You must hand in work/projects and/or makeup tests/quizzes/presentations the very next class period you are present.
- When absent, you may be assigned a different version of the test/quiz/project than the rest of the class.