Slocum Skewes Physical Education
6th, 7th and 8th Grade
Instructors: Ms. Behrens, Mrs. Collis, and Mr. Miller
Goals: (1)To have students participate in physical activities that will spark an interest in lifelong healthy physical activity; (2) to improve students’ physical fitness knowledge and skills; and (3) to enhance the students’ ability to work collaboratively with each other promoting the value of teamwork.
- Jump Rope
- Floor Hockey
- Kick Ball
- Cooperative games
- Ultimate Frisbee
*Activities from this list may vary from grade to grade.
Assessment: Every student will start out with a grade of 100. Five points will be deducted for each rule broken, such as, inappropriate behavior, disrespect to others, inappropriate language, poor attitude, not participating in class, and not wearing sneakers. Three points will be deducted for tardiness to class.
Quarterly assessments will also be taken.
*Assessments may vary.
Medical assignments will be assigned if student is out on medical.
Rules of the Classroom
- Be to class on time.
- Raise your hand to speak.
- Do not speak if it is not your turn.
- No hats, jackets, bandanas, or any other inappropriate clothing is permitted in the classroom.
- There is no eating, drinking, or gum chewing in class.
- No inappropriate behavior will be tolerated.
- We must have notice from the nurse if you are not able to participate in class. The nurse will advise us when you are able to return to physical education class.