Welcome to: Back to School Night
Social Studies – Civics Overview
Curriculum: 1754 – Present
- The Revolutionary Period
- Stamp Act - Taxes
- Boston Tea Party
- Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride and other events
- The War for Independence 1775-1783
- The Declaration of Independence – “Life-Liberty-Pursuit of Happiness”
- Articles of Confederation 1781-1789
- The United States Constitution – “The Rule of Law”
- The Bill of Rights
- The Three Branches of Government
- Political Systems and Economic Systems
- Citizenship and Civic Responsibility
- Field Trips to: Boston, Nov. *, 2017 and Philadelphia, April *, 2018
Social Studies Grading Rubric:
- Tests 20%
- Projects 20%
- Classwork 15%
- Presentations 15%
- Homework 10%
- Participation 10%
- Quizzes 10%
True or False:
George Washington was the first president of the United States?
Paul Revere said, “The British are Coming” on April 18, 1775?
The Declaration of Independence was ratified (approved) on July 4, 1775?
Whomever receives the majority of votes wins the presidency of the U.S.?