A survey of the social, political, economic, cultural, and intellectual history of the United States from the Civil War/Reconstruction era to the present. United States History II examines industrialization, immigration, world wars, the Great Depression, Cold War and post-Cold War eras. Themes that may be addressed in United States History II include: American culture, religion, civil and human rights, technological change, economic change, immigration and migration, urbanization and suburbanization, the expansion of the federal government, and the study of U.S. foreign policy.
Here are the topics we will be covering this year:
1. Foundations of American Political and Social Thought
2. Industrialization and the U.S. Role as a World Power
3. The United States Between the World Wars
4. World War II and Foreign Affairs
5. Post World War II Domestic Issues