In the event that the District initiates an Emergency School Closing, Delayed Opening, or Early Dismissal, your best source of
notification will be our Blackboard Connect Notification System. It is extremely important that you take a
moment to ensure that the schools have your updated and accurate phone information (i.e., home phone
numbers, work numbers, and cell numbers).
Emergency School Closings:
1. Everyone in our Blackboard Connect System can anticipate an alert.
2. During inclement weather situations, school closings will also be broadcast on television channels 2
(CBS), 4 (NBC), 7 (ABC), and News 12 NJ and on the radio at 1010 WINS.
3. We will always post emergency announcements on our website at www.ridgefieldschools.com.
1. Announcements of delayed openings follow the same process as emergency closings and will include a
statement that all schools will begin at 10:00 AM.
2. Please note that a delayed opening can become an emergency closing if conditions do not improve or if
1. Announcements of early dismissal will also be sent via our Blackboard Connect System.
2. Announcements will be also posted to TV stations, radio stations and our website.
3. In an early dismissal schools will close as follows:
Shaler Academy: 12:25 PM Bergen Boulevard: 12:35 PM
Slocum Skewes: 12:15 PM Ridgefield Memorial High School: 12:18 PM
4. Building principals will be responsible for the supervision of all students until they are picked up.
NOTE: During early dismissals, there will be no afterschool or evening programs.
Please be respectful of time and resources during emergency situations and use the above resources to
secure the information that you need rather than calling the Board of Education or the Police Department.