Spanish 3 and 3 Honors❝Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.❞
‒Rita Mae Brownwww.sraferdinand.wikispaces.comWorld Languages Mission -The study of another language and culture prepares learners to function fully and effectively as citizens and workers in the 21st century by being able to communicate in appropriate ways with people from diverse cultures.
NJ CCCS – All students will be able to communicate in at least one world language in addition to English to engage in meaningful conversation, to understand and interpret spoken and written Spanish, and to present information, concepts and ideas, while also gaining an understanding of the perspectives of other cultures. Through Spanish language study, they will make connections with other content areas, compare the language and cultures studies with their own, and participate in home and global communities. We will be utilizing the 3 modes of communication for second language acquisition: Interpretive; Interpersonal; and Presentational to achieve this goal.
We will be covering the following thematic units in Spanish 3:
Marking Period #1
Unidad 1 ~ ¡A Conocer Nuevos Lugares!
· ¡Vamos de viaje! (going on a trip)
· Cuéntame de tus vacaciones (being on vacation, tell me about it)
· La Cultura de Costa Rica
Marking Period #2
Unidad 2 ~ Somos Saludables.
· La Copa Mundial (talking about sports and health)
· ¿Qué vamos a hacer? (talking about daily routines)
· La cultura de Argentina
Marking Period #3
Unidad 3 ~ !Vamos de compras!
· ¿Cómo me queda? (talking about clothes and shopping)
· Filmamos en el mercado (shopping at the market; filming)
· La cultura de Puerto Rico
Marking Period #4
Unidad 4 ~ Cultura antigua, ciudad moderna
· Una Leyenda Mexicana (exploring and analyzing legends and stories)
· México Antiguo y Moderno (exploring, comparing and contrasting the past and present)
· La cultura de México